A VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. The VPN software encrypts your internet traffic and sends your data via a secure connection to a remote server. From there, the data traffic is sent back onto the internet. This changes the IP address which is visible to the rest of the internet. Your internet traffic is in this way secured én anonymized. Do you want to surf the Internet more safely and anonymously and are you curious about where you can download a VPN? The first step is to choose a reliable VPN provider. In this article we will help you with this choice and discuss some excellent VPN providers. Both free and paid VPN’s will be covered.
The next step is to download the provider’s software. You can do this through the officialële website of your chosen VPN provider. You can download a VPN not only for your laptop or computer, but it is also possible to download a VPN for your smartphone. In this article we will give you an instruction on how and where to download the different VPN’s. Are you interested to also download your VPN completely anonymously? Then take a look at the page where we explain how to buy a VPN anonymously.
Download a VPN in 3 steps
Want to get started with a VPN quickly? Follow the step-by-step plan below to download a VPN.
- Choose a reliable VPN provider.
- Go to the officialële website of the VPN provider of your choice. Make sure you always visit a reliable website and don’t download a cracked VPN
- Download the VPN app: after you have downloaded the VPN, you only need to activate the app and then you can surf freely, online.
Choose a trusted VPN provider
Before you start downloading a VPN, it’s important to find out which VPN is best for you. Factors such as security, speed, ease of use and price/quality can all be considered in this choice. There are a number of reliable VPN providers we can heartily recommend. We first discuss four of our favorite, premium VPN providers below and then take a look at a good, free VPN provider.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN at the moment as far as we are concerned. This VPN provider with stable connections is very suitable for anonymous and secure surfing. In addition, with ExpressVPN you can easily download and stream. ExpressVPN is also very easy to use and has a reliable not-good-money-back guarantee. This provider does not record any log data that can make your internet history obsolete. So ExpressVPN is a good choice if you value your privacy and anonymity. The only downside is the price, which is slightly higher compared to other VPN providers. However, for this price you get the best quality.
ExpressVPN is not only a VPN for computers, but you can also download this VPN for Android. Just like on a computer, a VPN also has many advantages on your Android phone. All your online traffic is protected in ééone time. This gives you more privacy. The Android VPN can be downloaded for Android in four easy steps:
- Subscribe for an ExpressVPN subscription via the officialële website.
- Download and install the VPN app for Android on your phone or tablet.
- Connect to one of the servers. Choose an appropriate server location depending on what you want to do online. For example, you can choose a US server to watch the American Netflix
- Turn on the VPN and use the Internet more freely, safely and anonymously.
You can download ExpressVPN for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux. With ééone subscription, you can connect on five supported devices at the same time. You can install the app on as many devices as you like.
NordVPN is a very fast and secure VPN. If you value your (online) privacy, then this reliable VPN provider is very suitable. NordVPN has excellent security and an extensive server network.
- In addition, NordVPN is very user-friendly and therefore suitable for novice VPN users. If you want, you can even use NordVPN’s not-good-money-back guarantee to try out the service for a few weeks free of charge.
- Through your account page you can download the different software for all operating systems and devices. After that you only have to log in. On mobile devices and tablets you can download the NordVPN app from the app store.
Surfshark is a good and inexpensive VPN. Moreover, the VPN provider is very fast and you can choose from a wide range of servers in various countries. Also, the VPN is very easy to use. We are very pleased with Surfshark’s security. The VPN provider does not keep any logs. In addition, Surfshark works great with the U.S. and your local Netflix. It is also possible to download torrents with this VPN. The low price and high level of ease of use make Surfshark an excellent VPN.
- Doubtful? You can try Surfshark for 30 days, as it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Surfshark is available for download for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux via the officialële website. On the ‘My Account’section you have some buttons to download software for specific devices and operating systems.
- Want to download the Surfshark VPN on your Android phone? You can do that in a few steps. On mobile devices, you can find the VPN app in the App Store or on Google Play. Do you want to download the VPN on Mac or on your PC? Then go to Surfshark’s officialële website and click on the appropriate icon to download the Surfshark software:
CyberGhost is known for its ease of use. Thus, this VPN is ideal for novice VPN users. In addition, we are also satisfied with the speed of CyberGhost. With a fast VPN you will enjoy all the benefits of a VPN, without experiencing delays and buffering while surfing the internet.
- We are also very pleased with the security of this VPN provider. CyberGhost has taken several measures to ensure that users’ data remains secure.
- You can download the VPN for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux. For your laptop or PC download the VPN software from CyberGhost’s website.
- Would you rather download the VPN or your tablet or smartphone? Then go to the App or Play Store and download the official app.
Free VPN Download
If you want to download a free VPN, it is important to be very critical. This is because many free VPN’s are insecure and have data or speed limits. Fortunately, not all free VPN’s have limitations. There are a number of reliable options that we can recommend. Below, we’ll discuss a reliable, free VPN.
ProtonVPN is ééone of our favorite free VPN providers. The biggest advantage to ProtonVPN is that the provider has no data limit. Unfortunately, the number of servers for free users is very limited. If many ProtonVPN users are all online via the limited free servers available, the speed can be very slow. ProtonVPN has very good security.
- The free version of ProtonVPN can be downloaded from the officialële website. You can download ProtonVPN for Windows and Linux.
- ProtonVPN is not only available for PC, but there is also a mobile version that can encrypt and anonymize your internet activities. You can download the VPN for Android and iOS.
Conclusion: downloading VPN
Downloading a VPN is very easy. In no time at all, your internet traffic is secured with a VPN. Of course, it starts with choosing a reliable VPN. ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark and CyberGhost are the best options in our opinion. Below you will find another overview and the links where you can download the different VPN’s:
- ExpressVPN download
- Download NordVPN
- Download Surfshark
- Download CyberGhost
All of these providers score well on speed and security. Moreover, all these providers have excellent Android software and are available for download on both computer and your smartphone. Besides paid VPN’s, there are also free variants. While many free VPN’s are not secure, some good options exist. For example, we are very pleased with the free version of ProtonVPN